You Are Reading

Illustrate-her


Since I have now handed in my New York piece I have been able to concentrate my efforts on some of my other projects which are currently on the go.

Now working on a "How to..." project which is based around learning Adobe Illustrator. We were asked to produce a range of instructions, guides and plans to clearly communicate a range of events and activities that will enable people to survive and thrive in times of austerity. 

We were kept in our mail art groups and each group was given a 'life theme' to take inspiration from. Our theme was communication which was a challenge to initially brainstorm but once we had completed a full workshop day in class with everyone donating ideas to each other's themes we were getting into the swing of things. A lot of people are focusing on trying to save money but cutting down on things within their various 'how to' guides, however I wanted to try and be proactive, setting up something creative for as little money as possible seemed like a great concept to start with, especially something that you can communicate with.

So with this concept in tow, I came up with the idea of:

 'How to set up your own pirate radio station'

Pretty psyched to really get my teeth into it now. I have a basic idea of what I want to do. Now the tough bit is going to be researching it and finding out exactly what I want to do with and where I want to go with it. After a few hours of note taking, book reading and googling I came across this awesome trailer for a documentary film called "Drowned City" about London Pirate radio stations and the people who run them. I'll leave you with the trailer for now whilst I go stare at a computer screen for hours on end.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.