You Are Reading

I like your type

Above is a new the typeface that I have been working on lately and which will be making an appearance in my portfolio. To go with this typeface my personal tutor suggested that I find a quote and write it in my newly created font to enhance and embody the idea and inspiration behind the typeface. The quote I have decided on is this:

"Design is as much an act of spacing as an act of Marking" Ellen Lupton

Below is the link to a website which is the companion to Ellen Lupton's 2004 book titled 'Thinking with Type' - it is a truly fantastic website for anyone interested in typography, extremely helpful as well as being interesting and fun at the same time. Thinking with type is on my list of books I need to own. My favourite part of the website is the fontographic dating game, check it out.


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.